Dog Car Seat? Why should I have one?

June 02, 2018

Dog Car Seat? Why should I have one?

Dog car seats are the newest and best way to keep your pet and your family safe in the car. The dog safety harness that comes with the Fido Rido Dog Car Seat ensures your pup will have a secure and comfortable ride.

Why have dog car seats become more popular? Here is one reason I’m sure will convince you!

Studies have found that half of the dog owners in the U.S. reported driving with their pet at least once a month. Only 16% of owners stated they use a restraint for their dog during those rides.  That means the other 84% were driving with an unrestrained pet which is not only distracting to the driver, it is incredibly dangerous.

What can happen to that other 84% who have an unrestrained pet in their car?

Unrestrained dogs can become projectiles in the event of an accident. The impact of a collision sends everything in the car flying in that direction, including your precious cargo – family and pets. Luckily, your family will be strapped in, but Fido might not be that lucky.

Depending on the severity of the accident, you may have a dog flying through the vehicle. A 10-lb dog can exert as much as 500 lbs of force and that’s if the car is only traveling at 30 mph! This is extremely dangerous for your pet as well as any other people in the car who may get hit with a soaring object.

Dog Car Seat

This is just one of the reasons dog safety in the car is beginning to be discussed.

How does a dog car seat create dog safety in your vehicle?

A dog car seat is a dog safety product that will restrain and secure your pet to one area.  The Fido Rido Dog Car Seat comes with a dog safety harness that latches onto the car seat.  The dog car seat is then secured using the vehicles seat belt system. This ensures that in the unfortunate event of an accident your pet will not become a projectile.

Keep your family and pet safe today!